Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

My Fish Falling Adventure

          WHOOOOOOOSH! WOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!! High winds rattle the trees against my window. Rain is slamming on the roof, flooding the grass and trees below. It is 4:37pm on Thursday afternoon, there is defiantly a HUGE storm!
CRASH! a massive lightning bolt strikes the ground a mile away!
"AHHHHHH! HELP!" Ellie (my 7 year old sister) yells from her bedroom. "Its okay! its just a storm!" my mom yells back.
Oh I'm sorry I forgot to introduce my self, I'm Savannah Mitchell, I'm 16, I go to Lake Kasha High school, and I have one younger sister (Ellie) one younger brother (Chase) and an older brother (Kyle). So anyway back to the story......
ZZZAPP!!! "Awww snickers, the power went out!" My mom says from her bedroom, "It must have blew a fuse...."
So I go and fine some candles and a lighter, my sister goes to get my younger brother (by the way, hes 2) and takes him to the living room where we all sit around and listen to the storm as my dad lights the fire.
Once he gets the fire going, my mom got some cookies and some milk for everyone. We huddled around the fire, and eat our warm snack.

           "Hello, welcome to your Hanston weather. I think everyone noticed a huge storm last night, but it was bigger than most new. It turns out that later last night there was actually sightings of tornado's, that had touched ground. The tornado was not deadly, although it did skim over lake Kasha, no one was injured.
'click' my mom turned he TV off, and we are all silent, besides chase who is over in the corner slobbering all over some toy. We are all just staring at the TV, and my mom is the first one to speak.... "Well as least no one was injured!"
"yeah...." I say....still shocked. "I cant believe we had a....a.....a TORNADO!"  
"Whats a tornado?" my sister wonders. "ummm.....something you don't wanna know." i say. ""oh, okay"

                         *                                                              *                                                       *

         Okay, me here again, so I'm walking home from school, and the weirdest thing happened......There was this baby stroller, and I was just guessing that the baby was maybe about 2, yeah, pfhh! I was WAY off.....she was 7!....7! is was really weird! Any way today was a really bad, horrib-....... everything went black.

"Savannah? Savvvvvannnnnnah? Wake uuuuuup!"
"Huh? where am I? I ask thinking this was a dream..... "your in the middle of the sidewalk, you got knocked out!" She says. (i don't even know who she is!) she sounds about my age, but i have no idea.
"What? i ask (still EXTREMELY confused) "Yeah, and you wont even believe, what hit you!" It was a ......hee hee......a Tee hee....a FISH! Ahahahahahahahahahaha!" she laughs
i sit up. "a fish? How did i get knocked out by a fish? what, did it fall from the sky?! Pfhh!"
"YUP!" she says.
"huh?" The conversation goes on and on until she explained the whole story......
So she was walking along, and she saw me....(when i was still standing and 'alive')   she saw the whole thing, it actually turns out that a fish DID fall from the sky and a fish DID hit me and a fish DID knock me out! I cant believe it I just cant believe it!
She helps me up and just a couple of meters away I see (well that is, I THINK I saw) a.....a fish, fall. She says...: "Did you see that?" "Yup! I reply. we both run over and look at the salmon sized fish. a second later....about a foot away this time.....POW! (they all seemed to be about 9 inches long) another fish! omigosh! what is happening?!?!? And there standing with the girl (I still don't know her name...but yes she does look my age) looking straight ahead was something iv'e never seen before......



       "RUN!!!!" I scream to my 'friend', the fish were coming down like rain! 'Thud!' Thud!' 'Thud!' 'Smack!' 'Pow!' Fish were falling from the sky hundreds by the second....some hit me and that girl! I new this was going to leave a bruise. I looked up and I couldn't see how the fish were falling, like you know when its raining and you look up into the sky and the rain just goes on for ever up there and it looks as if its coming from outer space? yeah, that's what it was like when the fish were falling. We ran to my house (which was only about 5 minutes away since we were running) We got to my front door, still being pelted by fish, and tryed to open the door, it was locked, great. I had my key around my neck! I fumbled through my massive key change, trying to find the right key. Got it! I put in in the key whole and....YES! the door was flung open! We ran in side, and there was about 5 seconds of silence and then we both broke out in laughter! "OMG! hahahaha, that was so hilarious! ahahahaha! iv'e never seen that!" I say "Yeah, that, hahahah, was really funny!" she replies. i turn on the weather network, and the weather lady tells us the whole story.....

             It turns out that when the tornado had skimmed over Kasha lake, it picked up over 500 fish! they got sucked up so high, that it took a while to fall back down. So whatever goes up, must come down.....so all of he fish were falling all around my neighbourhood.
This was one of my adventures I will NEVER forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment